Notary Public Surety Bond Request
Safety & Risk Services will no longer be taking Notary Requests, please see the following instructions on the process of obtaining the Surety Bond
Instructions for Notary Public Surety Bond
- Send all information to Christelle Sanchez via e-mail to: Christelle.Sanchez@state.nm.us
- If you are seeking to become a Notary Public within a State Agency, your required notary public surety bond of $10,000 is provided by GSD/RMD.
- Five (5) business days advance notice for bond processing is required.
- Within 5 working days RMD will process and return your notary surety bond certificate.
- Completed certificates cannot be faxed as you will need the “original” for the Secretary of State’s Office;
please list the address where you would like to have your requested certificate sent to.
It is up to the agency to disperse the certificates to appropriate staff.
- Only written requests are accepted with the following information and formatting:
- Use your official department’s letterhead and list;
- The exact spelling of the notary applicant’s name as it will appear on seal including the working title of applicant;
- Name of applicant’s supervisor approving the request with their signature on the letter (scanned copy will suffice);
- Supervisor’s telephone number;
- Expiration date of your notary commission;
- if a new applicant write “new” OR “renewal” if you are renewing;
- The UNM, HSC, UNMH, and Division (Department) name employing you;
- The correct address to return your surety bond certificate.
For complete information for Notary Publics,
visit the Secretary of State’s website.
CHRISTELLE A. SANCHEZ/OFFICE MANAGER
NM GENERAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT-RISK MANAGEMENT DIVISION