Respirator Training & Fit Testing
Self-training Module for Respiratory Protection
Request a Training and Fitting
Pre-requisites and Requirements:
- Medically cleared once a year.
- Fit test must be renewed once per year.
- If you need a full face or half face we recommend to bring your own with filters. We can train you but we do not sell our full or half face respirators or filters. Also, we recommend bringing a water bottle to the test.
- OSHA requires respirators users to be clean shaven except for Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) users.
- Whiskers are course and will break the respirator seal on the face, and a poor seal allows air contaminants or pathogens to bypass the respirator and be inhaled. Facial growth of more than 24 hours will prevent successful respirator testing and use.
- Those with permanent beards will be trained to use a PAPR.
Office of Clinical Affairs:
You can return your re-credentialing packet with the date that you
intend to attend training and fit test. After the training and fit
test you can then submit paperwork to the
Office of Clinical Affairs.
If someone is in need of a Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA), SRS can arrange for fittings.
If you have questions related to respirator training, or to set up or find a group training
date/time that works for you, please contact Safety & Risk Services at 277-2753. All N-95 Training Records are available on Learning Central.
Training documentation will be available on Learning Central within 5 working days following the training and fit test.