UNM provides two options for travel insurance:
Supervised UNM Sponsored Field Trips
Group Accident Insurance - Medical insurance coverage for non-employees participating in and traveling to and from University of New Mexico sponsored/supervised field trips.
Request for Group Accident Insurance Coverage Form
The insurance coverage provided by UNM's insurance carrier, the New Mexico Risk Management Division, does not cover the cost of medical bills which may be incurred by a non-employee participating in a UNM-sponsored field trip. The only exception to this is if the University or one of its employees is found to be negligent and if this negligence results in injury to a non-employee.
As a result, the Department of Safety & Risk Services is pleased to offer medical insurance coverage for non-employees participating in and traveling to and from University of New Mexico sponsored/supervised field trips. This insurance should be purchased for all students and other non-employees. The coverage does not need to be purchased for employees since employees are covered by Workers' Compensation for any injury that occurs while performing duties within the scope of the employee's job at UNM.
The cost of coverage for one person for one day is 90 cents. The cost for three people on a 3-day trip is $8.10. Use the Requset for Group Accident Insurance Coverage Form to request the insurance coverage. The request form must be received by the Department of Safety & Risk Services prior to trip departure. Please note that the rate is per person.
ACE American Insurance Company - Blanket Accident Policy
For additional information, vist the CISI Portal.
- Eligibility: UNM Staff and Faculty who have purchased health insurance offered by the UNM Human Resources Department
- Coverages: Accidental Injury, Urgent Care, Emergency Health, Trauma Services, Emergency Evacuation, Repatriation, and Medical Evacuation Reimbursement up to $50,000.00.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Global® Core (available to LoboHEALTH participants)
For additional information, please see the LoboHEALTH Booklet.
- Eligibility: Graduate Assistants, Research Assistants and other individuals taking part in the Student Health Plan.
- Coverages: Medical Emergency Evacuation, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Luggage Assistance, Legal Referral, Repatriation, Evacuation Assistance
For additional information, please see the Student Health Plan flyer.