The Environmental Health (EH) Division of SRS assists the University with the classic environmental health issues related to air, water, and land/real estate conditions. We work closely with SRS Chemical Hygiene and Recycling divisions in their efforts.
What We Do
The Environmental Health division assists various University organizations with their air emissions, water quality, and land/real estate environmental health issues. We do so by:
- Promoting measures and practices to reduce the University's impacts on air, water, and land/real estate.
- Coordinating compliance with permit and regulatory requirements;
- Preparing associated reports and related communications;
- Keeping required records; and,
- Working with regulatory agencies and other organizations on University environmental health matters.
The Environmental Health division continues to assist with permitting, investigation, inspections, monitoring, record-keeping and reporting on various environmental health-related issues on behalf of the University including:
- Air Emissions/Ambient Air Quality
- Drinking-Water Quality
- Environmental Incidents / Duty Officer
- Underground Storage Tanks
- Aboveground Storage Tanks
- Ground Water
- Land/Real Estate Environmental Due Diligence
- Exposure Assessment of Physical and Chemical Health Hazards